Sunday 6 October 2013

Cracked up to be, CS ****

 Title: Cracked Up To Be.

Author: Summers, Courtney.

Rating: 3.9/4

Genre: Real life.

Cover: 4/5.

In a nut shell, I didn't get on with this book. I regret that, but I didn't really know what it was about when i came to read it, After experiencing problems myself, like the character had experienced, I just couldn't face it, but I had to find out what happened to her. I will say I ended this book feeling a little bit rocky, I couldn't grasp on to my own mental state for days, but that isn't Summers fault, that's mine, and overall, this is a good book for other people.

Characters: I really hated the main character, Parker. Honestly I hated her so much. I think that had something to do with her decisions though, rather than her personality, but I really couldn't click with her, because possibly the things we'd been through were similar, and they way we both dealt with them. I couldn't feel sorry for her, with all the hate, but I did feel something for her 'boyfriend' or sort of boyfriend whatever, I wanted to jump in to the book and tell him to run. I also felt sorry for her parents, having to deal with Parker and the things she was putting them through. Oh, and her dog, I almost cried.

Plot; Its original, and good, and the writing is amazing, but again, its just me. You know, its not you, its me, I'm sorry. But Summers is a really good writer, and I think that she should get more attention because the things we writes are amazing.

So this book is good, for people who are mentally stable. That's all I can say, but it has to be good to touch people in the way it has, to touch me in the way it did, maybe too good? That's a compliment though, a big compliment. I hope that she knows how good she really is.

Spoilers:Parker Fadley  has a guilty mind, and she doesn't want to talk about it. Her friend had vanished and Parker witnessed something terrible happening to her. Parker can't deal with it all, and she just wants to go away, But when the truth unravels and a 'nice guy' comes along, she has to deal with him too, he falls for her.

Notes: Don't read this if you're slightly rocky, and don't read this if your young, its a heavy book, one I might even regret reading.




No comments:

Post a Comment