Saturday 22 February 2014

Interview with Julia Suzuki!!! Land of Dragor!!!

Interview with Julia Suzuki!
Author of Land of Dragor!!  @juliasuzuki_uk

Hi Julia! First of all, what inspired you to begin writing The Land of Dragor?
  • The Dragor setting was influenced by my travels having visited many amazing places around the world throughout my career. I included many of my favourite spots.
  • The plot itself was inspired by some of the challenges I had faced when growing up - I wanted to use what I had learned to help others.
  • I like to make people smile and try to always think about that as an end-result when I write. I believe that is a gift I was given, one I was meant to share.

 What is your main inspiration in life?
The stories of successful people inspire me - those who had a dream and made that a reality. I truly admire their tenacity.

Wow! Did you have the plot in mind before you started to write the book?
I had planned the whole plot before I started writing. One morning I had the inspiration to write The Gift of Charms (Book One), and by the end of that night the whole plot was laid out.

Sounds like you were very busy! What do you enjoy the most about the creative process?
The gems that appear - words that come that seem to leap off the page: a description, a character trait or the inspiration for a new twist in a certain section. I love that 'yes' feeling.

Was any part of the story difficult to write? How did you manage to overcome that?
The hardest part to write for me was the beginning. I understand the importance of getting this right with it being the part that makes the reader either put a book down or carry on. Naturally, I wanted my novel to be as compelling as possible. I wrote the beginning over and over again, often changing parts and even returning bits I had removed.

Have you ever found yourself having writers block?
No - not once. I believe I must be blessed to never have. But! Never say never!

That's very lucky!! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!!
Have you always wanted to be a writer?
I have always enjoyed writing stories. My favourite school subject was English and I excelled at it. So I guess being an author was a natural transition after I found there was no other career where I felt at home.

If you could be any character you've created, who would you be-- and why?
Well that would be Amlie, Yoshiko's friend. She is feisty and persistent and will not take any messing :)

That's a very good choice! Do you plan on writing any other genres?
I would like to write romance one day. But Dragor is my heart and soul, so that would not be any time soon.
 
I'll keep my eye's peeled for that!
How many stories have you planned within the Land of Dragor series?
I am not allowed to say yet! My publisher holds that confidentially. But, what I can say is that Dragor will be around for a good while :)

That's good to hear!
So, If you could be any character you haven't created, who would you be, and why?
Definitely Tinkerbell! She is expressive, high octane and likes to help others with her fairy dust. Just the kind of girl I respect lol ;)

Haha, Tinkerbell does have an appeal to her!
What is the name of your favourite book?
The Enchanted Wood - Enid Blyton

Good choice! Favourite food?
Peaches

We have that in common! If you could have any superpower, what would it be, and why?
To touch someone and make all their worries fade. There is so much anxiety in society and life being short we should all worry less. Oh and to magic the appearance of money - the 'Midas Touch' would be most useful :)
 
That's a very good answer! Dogs or cats?
Dogs
 
Is there one thing you carry around with you all the time?
Perfume

If you could live in any book world, which one would it be?
Jane Austen - what a romantic period!
 
I agree! Favourite place to write?
The train
 
Favourite smell?
Dior Homme aftershave and Dior Hypnotic Poison perfume
 
Any hobbies?
Tennis, Interior design, Fashion, and sometimes making cakes :)

You sound very skilled! Thank you Julia!
Check out
The Gift of Charms (The Land of Dragor,#1) at  !!
Or  @THELANDOFDRAGOR @JULIASUZUKI_UK
Follow the series on twitter!

Make you sure you also check out my review of Land of Dragor #1The Gift of Charms!!

No comments:

Post a Comment