Friday 4 October 2013

Against The Wall- JP. ***

Review.

Book Name: Against the Wall.

Author: Prestsater, Julie.

Genre: Romance, Chick Lit.

Rating: 3/5.

Cover rating: 2/5.

Review in a nut shell: I thought this book alright! I don't really read Chic Lit or Adult Books, but I just picked it up and started to read it shamefully. I actually liked it.
The characters are a little weird, and some of the language is a little out there, but it wasn’t what I expected, and I’m actually really glad I decided to read it.

I also found the plot to be a little strange at times, however it was gripping enough to finish, because I found myself wanted to find out more about how these people ended up and what happened to them. The romance part of this novel is a little swoon worthy. I'll admit to thinking that. But I came to the end, and I just couldn’t remember these characters names, they're not all that memorable. But I've come to a reason why this is- the romance is mind blowing. Thats why.

Spoilers: this book is from the POV of Shelly Gelson, an english teacher from Carver High. Shelly works with her bad influence best friend, Mel, and her childhood sweetheart, Chase Marino. But Chase breaks her heart by having an affair with anither teacher, Summer.
Shell is broken hearted, and finds comfort  in Matt Fuller, the rebound, the friend, the future lover. But Shell is stull in love with Chase, so Matt tells her he'll make her fall in love with him, cocky, but so very right! Heartbreak, dates, and a very funny story, its one to read!
But hey, this is a really well written book, not very classy, totally dirty, what you see is what you get, and honestly, I liked what I imagined, and I liked what I got.

I give this book, a soild A.

No comments:

Post a Comment